- Difficult: This canyoning is a level 1 beginners.
- Duration: From 8:30 to 13:00 aproximately.
- Availability: Check the calendar for availability.
- Highest Rappel: 12 meters high.
- Minimum: In order to run the activity we need a minimum of 2 people.
From: €60/per person
Canyoning Boots: Extra €5/pair of shoes
Canyoning in Ribeira das Cales
- Canyoning in Madeira Island is considered one of the best things to do in Madeira and is the ideal tour for those that are looking to explore the deep nature of Madeira in a different way.
- This Canyoning is ideal for beginners looking for the first touch with this extraordinary sport.
- No experience necessary, our professional Canyoning guides will assess your skill and give you alternatives routes where possible if you´re uncomfortable.
The Canyoning in Ribeira das Cales starts at “Chão da Lagoa” in the Ecological Park of Funchal at approximately 1500 meters high. Along to the route, we found 5 rappels and to overcome the obstacles of the nature we need to walk, abseiling (rappeling), swim and jump in beautiful lakes and waterfalls. This Canyoning experience is the best for all people who want to have the first contact with this amazing sport.
Neoprene suit and socks, all the equipment needed (helmet, harness, connectors and eight approved by UIAA), a chocolate bar, licenses to carry out activities in the mountains, Professional canyoning guides (certified by International Canyoning Academy), personal insurance (according to the Portuguese law) and transportation from the hotel to the activity and from the activity to the hotel. For pick-ups outside Funchal area please contact us.
What I need to bring?
To do Canyoning you need to bring a towel, bathing suit, sports shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (sportive shoes like running or mountain boots, never sandals or diving shoes) and change of clothes. In the case
WE TAKE PHOTOS DURING THE TOUR AND SEND TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE SO YOU CAN REMEMBER THIS INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE FOREVER!
What I need to bring?
Are the jumps mandatory?
Is this tour ideal for kids?
Do we need to know how to swim?
Canyoning Ribeiro Frio is a canyon in the north side of Madeira Island and consists in 8 rappels along the way. The Canyon is located within the Laurissilva Forest that is a UNESCO world heritage site since 1999 and one of the seven wonders of Portugal…
Highest Rappel: About 18 meters
Canyoning Ribeira Lajeado starting on the plateau of Paul da Serra, this canyoning is marked by its large lagoons where you can perform several jumps. When accessing to the canyon you will still have the opportunity to walk along the pretty “Levada do Alecrim”.
Highest Rappel: Approximately 25 meters
The Canyoning Ribeira Funda is an excellent canyoning in Madeira for people looking for the first contacts with large waterfalls. Besides the spectacular waterfall with 60 meters high, this route also has some…
Highest Rappel: Approximately 60meters high
*Price: Under Request