- Difficult: This canyoning is a level 1 beginners.
- Duration: 5min (Approaching); 2 hours in the Canyoning, 5min (Exit).
- Availability: Everyday, check calendar for availability.
- Highest Rappel: About 18 meters.
- Minimum: In order to run the activity we need a minimum of 2 people.
From: €65/per person
Canyoning Boots: Extra €5/pair of shoes
Canyoning in Ribeiro Frio – Level 1
- Canyoning in Madeira Island is the perfect way to mix awesome fun with the challenge, achievement and a huge dollop of that adrenaline that we love!
- Unleash your adventurous side in this breathtaking and stunning canyon in a UNESCO World Heritage Site enjoying a full day sensory overload.
- Available only in the wintertime (when the river is with water) this canyoning is the ideal for everybody!
Canyoning Ribeiro Frio is a canyon in the north side of Madeira Island and consists in 8 rappels along the way. The Canyon is located within the Laurissilva Forest that is a UNESCO world heritage site since 1999 and one of the seven wonders of Portugal.
A truly breathtaking landscape!
In this Canyoning, you will be able to abseil breathtaking waterfalls, jump and swim in beautiful lakes and also walk in an amazing zone only available in a Canyoning tour. A lifetime experience inside a lush forest.
Neoprene suit and socks, all the equipment needed (helmet, harness, connectors and eight approved by UIAA), a chocolate bar, licenses to carry out activities in the mountains, Canyoning guides, personal insurance (according to the Portuguese law) and transportation from the hotel to the activity and from the activity to the hotel.
What I need to bring?
To do Canyoning in Madeira Island you need to bring a towel, bathing-suit, sports shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (sportive shoes like running or mountain boots, never sandals or diving shoes) and change of clothes.
WE TAKE PHOTOS DURING THE TOUR AND SEND TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE SO YOU CAN REMEMBER THIS INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE FOREVER!
Is this Canyoning suitable for me?
Are the jumps mandatory?
Is this tour ideal for kids?
Do we need to know how to swim?
Canyoning Ribeira Lajeado starting on the plateau of Paul da Serra, this canyoning is marked by its large lagoons where you can perform several jumps. When accessing to the canyon you will still have the opportunity to walk along the pretty “Levada do Alecrim”.
Highest Rappel: Approximately 25 meters
The Canyoning Ribeira Funda is an excellent canyoning in Madeira for people looking for the first contacts with large waterfalls. Besides the spectacular waterfall with 60 meters high, this route also has some…
Highest Rappel: Approximately 60meters high
*Price: Under Request
The Canyoning in Ribeira das Cales starts at “Chão da Lagoa” in the Ecological Park of Funchal at approximately 1500 meters high. Along to the route, we found 5 rappels and to overcome the obstacles…
Highest Rappel: Approximately 12 meters high